9:37 AM

Happy Monday Bookworms!

Hope everyone is doing well. I was thinking of what to post in addition to the weekly wisdoms when I noticed I never did a monthly favorites.

There are not a ton of products, since I haven't really gotten too many new things recently, but here are my May Monthly favorites.


Beauty Bits

1. Bobbi Brown Corrector  2. Clinique Even Better Foundation  3. The Body Shop Peppermint Foot lotion  4.  e.l.f. matte lipstick in tea rose   5. Ecotools buffing brush  6. Buxom lipgloss in Sophia  7. Mary-Lou manizer highlighter 

1. The Bobbi Brown Corrector is wonderful. I don't necessarily have dark circles but because I am so pale the veins under my eye give the appearance of very dark circles so this wonderful little product does the trick of concealing them. 

2.  For the face I have been loving the Clinique Even Better foundation. I have used Clinique since I was in 7th grade and to this day it is my go to brand for makeup. This foundation doesn't disappoint, it gives nice, natural coverage, some spf benefits. The only tip I have is use a buffing brush to avoid any streaking ( see above ecotools brush, it rocks) and give it a few minutes to settle into the skin, it may go on a little powdery at first but looks amazing after 5 minutes 

3. After my shifts at work, and being on my feet all day, they tend to hurt the minute I sit down and take my shoes off. This lotion, while not a necessity, makes your feet feel so much better after standing for 5 + hours. 

4. This lip color is just a beautiful pink shade, last pretty long without being overly drying and the best part, it costs 3 dollars!


5. This brush is super soft and does an amazing job at blending out virtually anything, though I like it best for foundation

6. I have wanted to try a Buxom gloss for quite some time now. When I saw I could get it with my Beauty Insider Points, I grabbed it before it could go out of stock. It is a beautiful color, with a slight stickyness to it, but just enough to last without feeling goopy. It does have a minty/ tingly feeling on the lips, which I happen to like, so be mindful of that if that's not something you like.

7. This is the perfect luminizer, though you need to be carful or else you can wind up looking like a disco ball. I love it with a light hand on the cheek bones and just some light pink or peach blush. Absolutely stunning.


Random Bits
1. Hush Hush series ( The fourth and final book shown)  2. Sailor Moon Season 1 (the new dub) 
3. mybkr bottle (in kitten)
 1. I have read this series about 5 times but in those times I never read the final book. I am the bookworm that will get to the last 40 pages, put the book on my bed and pace for 10 minutes debating if I want to finish the book. Part of me wants to see how it ends, part of me dreads to see how it ends. Does that make sense to anyone but me? Anyway, it was a really good book, your typical YA book but one I will read over and over until the binding falls apart.

2. Ok, these DVDs have a special place in my heart. I used to watch the VHS tape of Sailor Moon R: Promise of the rose after swim practice on a Saturday morning and then whenI discovered there was an actual TV show, I begged to go to Blockbuster ( yes, Blockbuster) and see if I could find a few episodes. I would watch it rewind and watch it again and again and again. So when I heard they were re-releasing the entire series, I was beyond excited. If you enjoyed Sailor Moon and a child, you should definitely check these out.

3. Last but not least, is the cute glass water bottle. Seems pretty normal right. Well it is, but this water bottle has an actual story. These line of bottles are created by two best friends who believe that a water bottle should be glamorous, since you use it every day just about all day. Though they are pricy, I think they are worth the money. I have so many good things to say about this bottle, I will have a full blog post on them, they are just that wonderful. If you want to check them out ASAP, it's www.mybkr.com


Hope everyone had a great May, and is having a wonderful June.

Lots of Love,
Catherine


Feel free to contact me for any questions, inquires or love letters at bookwormwithstyle13@gmail.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments